August 1, 2012

Picnics, Gingham, and Stripes




I spent my weekend planning the perfect picnic date with my roomie. We went to the market, grabbed some delicious sandwiches, and some scrumptious cupcakes.  Still enjoying all the last bits of summer.  Happy August!




I have an aversion to mixing prints because I think they look too busy on me.  That's not to say other ladies don't look stylish in their mixed prints; in fact, Cee at To Brighten My Day, and Bonnie at Mini Me Style rock mixed prints recently and looked quite stylish.

Generally though, I tend to experiment with colors instead of patterns.  Thus, Marion's Trend of the Month Challenge--Mixing Patterns--was a great opportunity for me to step out of my fashion comfort zone.

I've had some success trying out trends that in the past, I studiously avoided (read: animal print). Style outside of your comfort zone is always a great exercise. Thanks Marion.


Sunglasses: Loft | shop
Cardigan: F21 | similar
Top: Gap | shop
Short: Gingham Short, JCrew | shop or in green from Lands End Canvas
Ring: H&M | similar in reddish pink
Clutch: Vintage
Shoes: Sperry Top-Sider | shop

Linked up at the Pleated Poppy & Rolled Up Pretty.

6 comments:

  1. SO cute! I love the pink gingham shorts with the striped cardi. I think you mixed prints perfectly with this one! :)

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is so cute! I love the pairing! You totally rocked it! And that picnic looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you mixed the pink shorts with the pink accent on the sweater - great job! Greetings from Atlanta. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pattern mixing you did - the pieces are both classics so they just look like they are meant to go together!

    Also, I want one of those cupcakes. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love those pink gingham shorts and they look so adorable with the striped cardi! Super cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that stepped out of your comfort zone, that is a cute outfit and I hope you had fun at your picnic :)

    Chioma
    C’s Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete