August 20, 2012

The Power of Great Accessories









Prior to style blogging here at Jane Squared, I largely ignored accessories--jewelry, scarves, bags, etc.  I really only wore  scarves, the gold-toned bracelet you see in these photos, and stud earrings.

Reading various style blogs, and writing my own, has really opened my eyes up to the power of accessories to both complete and transform a look.  Some of our favorite pieces include these sunglasses by Prada, (styled here), Jewelmint's Forever Audrey earrings, and the necklace featured in this post.  I love it so much that I have it in two colors (see how the Janes have styled the white version here).

What are your favorite (or most worn) accessories?

Necklace: So Good | similar
Umbrella: Victoria's Secret (gift with purchase :D) | not very similar, but awesome nonetheless
Dress: JCrew (old) | similar in a bright pink
Belt: Nine West | similar
Flats: Banana Republic | similar
Top: H&M | similar - also styled here & here
Clutch: Gift | similar by Kate Spade
Skirt: Express | similar
Heels: Nine West | similar
Lips: Convertible Lip and Cheek Color in Petunia, Stila | shop


2 comments:

  1. Accessories can be so hard! I still struggle with them, even after blogging. I hate anything on my fingers and wrists, which means I stick with necklaces and earrings. But I love the statement necklace you're wearing. Jewelry can really polish off a look. That green-top-and-skirt combo is darling!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging has definitely made me realized the power of accessories. They really do help make my outfit more exciting. My first major accessory was a coral necklace from Amrita Singh.

    ReplyDelete