August 27, 2012

Marc by Marc Jacobs Bianca Clutch Review




Also, if you are interested in this clutch, I highly recommend shopping around for the best deal (in particular 6pm, Zappos, and .  I ended up picking this up on Endless.com and price matched the Bianca clutch to 1/2 off with a price from the French retailer SSENSE.  I prefer shopping at Endleses for several reasons: 1) Generous return policy of 1 year  (see edit below) 2) Free shipping & free returns 3) Excellent customer service 4) Endless's higher than average cash back rate on sites like Ebates and Mr. Rebates, currently 7.5 and 10% respectively.

>> Edit: A reader commented that Endless has unfortunately changed their return policy to 30 days.  I am now less of an Endless fan than I was before, but I still believe in their amazing customer service and extremely fast (and free) shipping & returns.  Le sigh.  The termination of the 1 year return policy marks the end of a good era for Endess. <<

As far as I know the rose constance shade featured in this post is only available at a few online retailers (Endless, CUSP, Neiman Marcus, and Bergdorf Goodman).  Neutral shades--black, taupe, etc.-- are more prevalent. Though you can find the satchel version of this Marc by Marc Jacobs clutch in this rosy shade at a few department stores.


Aesthetic: I love this color; I think it's bright and fun enough for the summer months, but this shade is rich enough to take you into fall and even winter.  I do love the style of envelope style clutches, and I like this one.  As for the oversized dimensions of it... I think that's a matter of personal preference; for instance, I feel it is too large for my purposes, but Aili loves the size.  8" H x 14" W x 1.75" D
Quality & Construction: This is 100% leather. Made in China.  Feels sturdy, well made, and the leather is buttery soft.  Fully lined.
Functionality:  Clutches aren't traditionally all that functional, so I'm going to say not extraordinarily functional, but it is definitely spacious (if a bit thin), so if you are the kind of gal that carries a lot around on an everyday basis, this would likely meet your needs. The clutch a zippered pocket and a few compartments in the interior.
Price: $300 $150. 50% off always feels like a good deal. Granted, a large discount on something expensive is still expensive.

Earrings: Thailand | similar yet expensive and nice alternative here
Dress: Staring at Stars Color Pop Embroidered Sundress, Urban Outfitters ($69 $29.99)| shop
Clutch: Marc by Marc Jacobs in Rose Constance | shop
Shoes: Enzo Angiolini | similar
Lips: Xtreme Lip Creme in Strawberry Jam by NYX | shop - You can also purchase some NYX products at Urban Outfitters & Nordstrom.
Nails: Lollipop on toes, Set in Stones, Essie

Linked up at the Monday Mingle.

9 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of clutches. Although it might not be that practical for the day to day, once you get used to small bags, you also learn to carry what is just essential with you. I also love your dress in this post, I think that tribal print on the top is really beautiful and a bit whimsical, but the whole look is really sophisticated. You look really elegant!

    Jenny
    www.jensoutfitjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clutch is gorgeous, but your dress is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The clutch really is darling - I love the color! I wish I could carry them more, but they just don't work for my on-the-go days. Also really loving your dress! The patterned bodice is beyond adorable!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that this post is about the clutch, but I just have to say, the dress you're wearing is fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Endless.com no longer has the year-long return policy. It is 30 days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's terrible! Thank you for letting me know, though. Piperlime did the same thing a year or two ago... at least Zappos still maintains their 365-day return policy.

      Delete
  6. Hi! Lovely bag and dress! :) I have the same one in burgundy and navy, and I use them so much! Did u know endless doesnt exist any more? I was SO bummed when I found out.. amazon just isnt nearly as good :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The clutch really gorgeous, I found the same on this site Originalluxury

    ReplyDelete