May 30, 2012

PFC #16: Summer Wedding









































This month's PFC is hosted by Lauren of Petite on a PennyPFC 16: Summer Wedding--Create an outfit for a summer wedding (the dress code is up to you). For bonus points (and this is what I'll be doing!) try to make your whole outfit, head to toe, come in under $100! (Or, exclude shoes and accessories to meet the $100 mark.)

I mentioned earlier that I'm attending 5 weddings this summer.  Yes.  That's right.  It's wedding season




   

Ramen Noodle Budget via Put This On
My look rings up to a grand total of $97--shoes, accessories, and a few makeup items included. Admittedly, I stalked that Banana Republic dress, and for me, it definitely takes patience and numerous trips to the mall to get a great deal.  When it comes to clothes, I sometimes operate on the Ramen Noodle Budget.  


The Ramen Noodle Budget, you ask?   Check out the gentlemen of Put This On for an explanation of the concept (and see their illustration below) that it can be difficult to score quality pieces at an ideal price.  I confess to shopping on the Ramen Noodle Budget, and I try to keep to the Good Quality &; Cheap side of the budget, though it can be hard to resist the fast and trendy fashion of Forever 21 and H&M.



To avoid buying items that I won't wear frequently nor won't have an occasion to wear, I ask my trusty fashion consultant --- Ailyn to help. She proceeds to ask me, "Where am I going?" or "Name 5 specific and separate occasions I would wear this piece." This really helps me avoid purchasing clothing and accessories that don't add value to my wardrobe.


Don't forget to check out what the other ladies put together for this PFC at Petite on a Penny.

Headband: JCrew ($14 $4)
Earrings: Forever Audrey, Jewelmint ($30 $12) | similar
Dress: Banana Republic ($128? $38) | similar
Shoes: Talbots ($139 $30) | similar
Lip Color: Convertible Color in Petunia (07), Stila ($25 $13)| shop

Linked up at Watch What I'm Wearing.

17 comments:

  1. The polkadot print is so fun and the splashes of pink (headband, and shoes) gives a nice pop of color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love the polkadot idea!! I forgot I had an appropriate polkadot dress to post!! Grrr! Ahh well, I did 3 looks anyway :D lol, but I am still apparently indecisive.

    A Preponderance of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is such a good deal! I'm impressed with your bargain-hunting skills. And a bit jealous. :)

    Thanks for participating in the challenge!

    www.petiteonapenny.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. polka dots are perfect! love the pop of colour too!! xox P


    www.phiphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great challenge outfit...<3 your shoes...and makeup! Prettttyyy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great casual daytime wedding outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the outfit :) Polka dots are my obsession of late!

    katattack2000.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. so CLASSY! I love it :)

    http://glamorouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ailyn is a wise fashion buddy! I like your polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha I do that all the time, stalk a store until things go on sale. And you got a really good deal!! Love your simple and chic look. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome deal! I love your polka dot dress. I've been on the hunt, but can't quite find something that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi polka dot dress twin ;) Loving your updo and nude pumps!

    LOL @ the ramen noodle budget! Our project managers at work are always telling our customers to pick 2 and only 2! (when they're asking for ridiculous requirements, lol). Never fails to make me laugh every time I see that :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute and simple. Love the polka-dots!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for including the wedding crashers clip, it made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SHUT! UP! I lovelovelove the polka dot dress! Enjoy all five of your weddings... I'm kinda out of the wedding stage of life and I kinda miss those opportunities to get dressed up and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute & classy dress. I really love it. You must be so patient.. otherwise cannot find such a good deal in BR!

    ReplyDelete