May 21, 2012

Bug Bites: Burt's Bees Bug Bite Relief Review







































It feels like summer time, and for me, that means mosquito season.

What can I say?  The mosquitos love me; even when I'm wearing bug spray with 25% DEET, they still manage to get me.  :) Since I can't always avoid bug bites, I've found that the Bug Bite Relief stick--which comes in a lip balm like tube--generally diminishes itchiness.  It's not a magic potion to cure all mosquito bites, and you do have to keep reapplying it, but overall, I think it works quite well.

Be warned, this stuff has a fairly strong herbal and citrus smell, but I think it's worth it.  I don't have much experience with any other Burt's Bees products, so I am pretty impressed by this one.

Anyway, if you (or a loved one) are afflicted with bug bites, then I hope you found this helpful.  I wish I would have known about this product years ago, so I wanted to share my quick and dirty review with you.

What are your best tips to combat or heal mosquito bites?  Let me know, and I'll be sure to try it out!

Shades: LOFT | similar
Top: Express | similar
Dress: F21 (old) | similar
Shoes: Target (S/S 2011) | similar
Bag: Mini MAC, Rebecca Minkoff | shop

2 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you for writing this! I am also irresistible to mosquitoes, and I swear that wearing bug repellent attracts them even more :)
    I'll certainly be trying this out.

    Have you heard of using liquid soap or toothpaste on a bite? I find that the toothpaste works a little longer, but the soap is invisible, so take your pick. I also ice the bite sometimes if it's really driving me crazy.

    Now, if we can just find a foolproof way to prevent them in the first place....

    xo
    kym
    bitty.and.bunny

    p.s. - you look so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kym - I almost decided not to post about my mosquito bites because I didn't think it was all that relevant, but I'm glad I did because you found it helpful! Let me know how it works for you. I've tried the toothpaste trick with some success, but never the soap. I'll have to see if that works better for me. :)

      Delete