July 30, 2011

Just Call Me Picasso




Big thanks to my photographer and platemaker extraordinaire, Carly of Carly in the Capital

Carly and I checked out a local paint-your-own-pottery studio, where I painted an adorable monster bank  to look like Mike Wazowski's chubbier blue cousin, while Carly created a plate for her mother's dining pleasure.  I think the bank turned out pretty cute pre-firing-in-the-kiln despite the fact that I'm one of the least artistic people you'll meet; I don't draw, paint, sew, sing, dance, play an instrument, throw pots even passably well.  But I do have a knack for ordering winning dishes at restaurants I've never frequented.

We all have our skills, I suppose. :)

Earrings: Charlotte Russe
Dress: TJ Maxx
Bracelets: F21
Bag: Target - See Aili rock it.
Shoes: Taiwan - Aili also wore them here.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun! I've always wanted to paint some pottery!! Great photos!

    Oh, and I LOVE the clutch from the last post! A fabulous score on sale too!
    OXO
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Natalie! I just picked up my monster bank, and he turned out pretty cute. :)

    ReplyDelete