July 7, 2011

J.Crew Reviews























I've done a lot of shopping during the past few days due to all of the great Fourth of July and end of season deals that are both at the regular brick & mortar stores and online.  I've made purchases at LOFT, Ann Taylor, Talbots, J.Crew, Target, and Piperlime.  Look out for posts on those purchases, but here are my thoughts on my most recent J.Crew shopping extravaganza.

1. Maritime Dress in Sail Blue (currently $88): I love this dress.  The material is a thick slubby cotton that is comfy.  I purchased this during the MUSTHAVE sale (extra 30% off sale prices), and this dress wasn't on sale, but I later looked at my receipt and realized that J.Crew actually gave me 30% off the retail price. WIN! I love the color, but I'm thinking about purchasing it in navy.  What do you think?
2. Tea-Stained Dobby Dress ($69.99): I'm a fan of the red polka dots on this easy little dress, but I'm not sure if the color flatters my skintone.  I was sure I loved this dress because it fits ] well and it has sleeves, which I really enjoy, so I was stalking this dress, just waiting for it to be marked down.  When it was finally marked down, I almost bought it, but then decided to wait for another promotion.  When I was finally ready to purchase it, it was sold out online!  I worked with J.Crew's "We Will Find It" Service for the first time, and find it they did!  Overall, I'm satisfied with my experience with the We Will Find It service, but I still haven't made a final decision on this dress.  I may still return it.
3. Portfolio Dress in Wool Crepe in Black ($69.99): I believe there are only petite sizes left, but I purchased two of these dresses--one for Aili and one for me.  I'm in need of suiting, or I at least hope to be in need of suiting in the near future. :)  This dress is well made and is a flattering cut, but the arm hole cutouts are placed (and shaped) a bit awkwardly, so I'm not sure if it's completly workplace appropriate.  Additionally, the side-zipper has a tendency to get a little stuck.  So again, I'm not sure if it's a keeper.
4: Portfolio Dress in Wool Crepe in Dark Plum ($69.): This one is for Aili, but she's yet to try it on.  I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous buys! I gotta check out J Crew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you do check it out, there is free shipping on orders of $150 at jcrew.com with code BEACHY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the Maritime dress so, so badly, but based on what I've read so far, I may need alterations. I think this bright blue is what makes this dress unique... there seems to be lots of navy striped items out there, so I would vote to keep the color you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cee - Good call on the Sail Blue color for the maritime dress. The dress is super comfy and cute. Might be worth the cost of alteration. :)

    ReplyDelete