March 4, 2013

M.I.A.

Hi friends!  I know I've been MIA during the month of February, but I'm back!


February has been a whirlwind month with lots of birthday celebrations, quality time spent with the niece and nephew, and a trip to Seattle & Portland!  Unfortunately, I failed to bring my camera along on the trip, so I only captured a few photos with my trusty iPhone.  And, I pretty much only took photos of food. lol.  Above, is the maple bacon bar and the chocolate cake doughnut from Voodoo Doughnuts.  I'm not a doughnut fanatic--though you might believe otherwise, and these two were pretty good.

The Seattle Space Needle & my lovely host, Fiona in front of a double-decker dress shop; I noticed a lot of these buses upcycled into cute vintage shops -- it felt very Portlandia. :D Fiona, a true foodie, took very good care of me and brought me to just about every famous Seattle culinary spot.

Oysters from the Walrus and the Carpenter, Coconut Cream Pie Bites from dahlia bakery by Tom Douglas, and an amazing breakfast bagel with steakon from Stopsky's on Mercer Island.  All three are highly recommended, though if I could suggest just one to you, it would definitely the Walrus and the Carpenter, but get here early--right when they open if possible.  They open at 4 pm, and we arrived just a few minutes after and still had to wait for around 20 minutes.  Admittedly, I have a weakness for shell fish, so I really loved this place.  I'm glad to be back on the blog and thank you for reading!
Coat: JCrew | similar
Scarf: Random Airport Kiosk | similar - I love it because it's gigantic and can double as a blanket on the plane
Shoes: (not pictured) Cece Ballet Flats | shop - I mention these because I find these to be very versatile and comfy walking shoes, and I usually bring my pair when I travel.


No comments:

Post a Comment