April 25, 2012

JCrew Teddie Dress Review


I have been eyeing the Teddie dress for months, but haven't pulled the trigger--especially during the dreaded final sale--because I haven't had a chance to actually try it on.  I spotted it for $119.20 in stores, (not final sale) and I took my regular JCrew dress size with no problems, so I'd say this bad boy fits TTS.  $120 isn't exactly a deal, but I have been looking a this dress for months; I also love the cobalt & camel colorways.  

The style is my personal favorite: a fit-and-flare silhouette + sleeves = an easy wear.  "Easy wear" is pretty much one of my favorite things; you can still look stylish and put together with a minimal effort and number of pieces.

My biggest issue with this dress is that it isn't fully lined; only the skirt portion is lined... If you look at the second set of photos, you can see the pockets of the shirt that I layered underneath it.  I feel like a lining might prevent that showing through.  Additionally, I can't tell where the sleeves are supposed to hit on me.  It's not a true three-quarter length, at least on me.  More like a 2/3, and I can't decide if that looks natural or not.  The material is thick, nice for at least 3 of the seasons, and it fits really well.  Personally, I could do without an exposed zipper, but I don't mind it.   

Sunnies: Necessary Clothing ($5 - cheap sunglasses FTW!) | similar by Vera Wang for $30
Necklace: So Good | similar
Shirt: Selvedge Denim Shirt, JCrew | shop
Dress: Teddie Dress, JCrew | shop or in red here
Bag: Mini MAC in Natural, Rebecca Minkoff | shop
Shoes: Nine West | similar
Drink: Green Milk Tea, Ten Ren 

2 comments:

  1. It's a darling dress and I love it with that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review. I tried it on but didn't notice the lining details you pointed out. I like it layered w/the blouse. :)

    ReplyDelete