I love visiting new places, but packing is probably one of the most arduous tasks, especially for an international trip. However, it's always worth the effort and planning for a great destination. For a few weeks "G" and I are going to Thailand on holiday.
Here is a quick preview of some looks that I'll be wearing over the trip.
There's not necessarily a formula to the packing madness, but I do try to ask myself the following questions in preparation:
- Weather - What is the temperature of the destination? (coat, umbrella, etc.)
- Duration - How many days am I there?
- Crafty - What can I reuse/recycle?
- Style - What is a simple, but still fashionable?
- Damage/Lost - What can I live without? Mishaps, lost luggage, etc. is completely a possibility. Am I packing anything that is irreplaceable?
- Pro/Con - Is it worth it to pay for a checked bag or can I get away with a "carry on" piece? Several great tricks -- rolling clothes, stuffing socks and making the best use of space is essential!
- Extras: Meds/travel size containers/reading materials/camera, phone, international outlets, batteries, earplugs, etc.
- Essentials: Passport/Visas/Print Itinerary & confirmation emails
- Layers for temperature control
- Comfortable for a long ride
- Wrinkle free to avoid sloppy/messy looks
- Ease through security
I'm excited to share some outfits and experiences from the trip! Thanks for reading.
Jane's Travel Look
Pants: 1969 Black Ponte, Gap | shop
Sweater: Hunter V Cardigan, Uniqlo | shop
T-shirt: Breathe Roll-Sleeve, Gap | shop
Scarf: Infinity scarf, AE | similar
Shoes: Cece Ballet Flats, JCrew | shop
Linked up to the Pleated Poppy & Two-Thirty Five Designs.