October 2, 2013

Bass Wayfarer Penny Loafer Review




Style: I dig the classic menswear look, and for my personal style, I prefer these loafers to Aili's favorite boat shoes. Basically, if you like the shape of the shoe, there's a style to please everyone. Moderate arch support with a 1/2 inch heel height.  I'm rocking the Karicole patent shade.
Fit:  Bass offers a variety of widths (narrow and wide), and I'm rocking the wide version here.  These also come in a variety of colors--like a pair with a funky colored sole or metallic details.  Bass recommends going a half size down in this particular pair.
Quality: The quality of these bad boys is pretty nice.  Leather uppers, a perforated cushioned foot bed, and leather outsole all contribute to making these loafers feel  sturdy & well-made.
Price: They currently retail for $99, though you can easily find the trendier styles on sale for around $70-80, with the more conservative and traditional shades going on sale much less often, though this pair is on sale for $79.
Bottom Line: I couldn't really figure out how to wear these, so I ultimately returned them - lol.  I think I'm better off with a classic pair of oxfords.  The quality, though, is pretty amazing.  They have that rich smell of quality leather, and they were super comfy.  If you are a fan of the style, I would definitely recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment