January 17, 2012

JCrew Double-cloth Lady Day Coat Review

January is in full swing with plenty of snow and blustery winds. It's the perfect time to pull out one of my favorite coats. 

JCrew comes out with a version of this classic lady day coat each winter in a variety of colors. You also have the option upgrade to the "3M Thinsulate" version of the coat. I highly recommend the more costly Thinsulate because I believe it really does keep you warmer than a coat without Thinsulate. This technology is neat because it does not add any bulk to the coat, but has a thin layer that protects you from the elements. I must confess I've not tried the non-Thinsulate version of this coat, but have confidence in the 3M innovation. Plus, who doesn't love technology?

3M technology aside, the coat is classic, chic and it's always fitting for any venture into the cold!

Coat:  Double-cloth Lady Day Coat with Thinsulate, JCrew | shop
Dress:  Rue 21
Boots: Erynne Boots in Black Suede, Nine West ($189 currently on sale for $94.50) | shop
Tights:  Gray, Spanx | shop
Ring:  Express
Earrings:  Express
Lipstick:  Round Case, Chaos | shop  







Happy Birthday to one of our top style icons:  Mrs. Obama! You can follow all of her great looks on one of our favorite blogs - Mrs.O.com. She, too, is a Crew fan!

Linked up with the Pleated Poppy & Transatlantic Blonde!


4 comments:

  1. i have two crew coats with thinsulate - i too am a believer! love the dress, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As cold as I am all the time, I think I need to try one of these coats! Cute outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look cute and warm! Happy Birthday FLOTUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ridiculous quest there. What occurred after? Take care!

    Feel free to visit my webpage ... 800 calorie hcg diet

    ReplyDelete