January 12, 2012

ASOS Review: Part 2

Dress #1
Dress #2
Dress #3
In the beginning of the week I did a review on two ASOS looks. Today, I'm trying out another round of ASOS frocks. 

Dress #1
In this photo the dress looks hot pink, but it was really more of a magenta color. The long sleeves are different, and make for a great fall/winter piece. I appreciated the bright color because it will keep things cheery once the snow hits. 
Dress:  Mini Dress with Double Layer Skirt in Magenta, ASOS | shop
Shoes:  Perfect Patent Platform Court Shoe in Blue, ASOS | shop
Belt:  Gap
Earrings:  Target

Dress  #2:  
This dress is kinda crazy. The beadwork on the dress is cool, but it makes the dress really heavy on the sleeves and on the skirt. I'm not a fan of this dress because the material held no shape and it's hard to wear. I'm compensating a bit for the shape -- as you can tell from my poses.  :)
Dress:  Scattered Sequin Dress, ASOS | shop
Shoes:  Guess

Dress  #3:  
This red, one-shouldered number seemed like a good purchase when I scoured the website. I'm underwhelmed with this look. Though it's a nice dress -- I didn't love it. 
Dress:  Pleated Dress with One-Shoulder, ASOS | shop
Shoes: Perfect Patent Pumps, Ann Taylor | shop
Belt:  Thrifted
Earrings:  Charlotte Russe

Overall, my ASOS experience has been a good one. Their quality is pretty comparable to an Akira, a popular boutique that started in Chicago. Truly, I liked their website and love the free shipping & free return/no minimum policy. I will definitely keep ASOS bookmarked list for future purchases.

Also, Happy LASIK Day to Ailyn! She is going to be glasses free in 2012! Designer sunglasses, headbands, eye patches, monocles? So many possibilities! <3  

3 comments:

  1. I love ASOS, especially when they're having a sale. I like the second dress, but it doesn't make sense to keep something that's uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of the first dress - its so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally crushing on number one! Loving the color!

    ReplyDelete