June 27, 2011

The Search for a Crossbody Bag

The strap on my H&M crossbody bag ($14.95) snapped off, and without the strap's functionality, I've been all over the place.  The entire contents of my purse has been dumped on the ground no less than three times... So I have two options: a) Fix the Strap or b) Buy a New Purse. :)

I think Option A is definitely feasible, but I also think that this crossbody bag--my purse of choice for everyday use--is something that I always carry with me, so I should invest in a high quality piece, right?  Plus a nice crossbody bag is on my Wishlist!  haha.  Maybe that's not concrete justification, but I've been lurking on Nordstrom's website to check out the crossbody offerings. Here's what I've come up with:


All photos by Nordstrom















1. Classic Q Karlie Bag by Marc by Marc Jacobs ($248) - There are larger versions of this bag available. 
2. Essex Scout by Kate Spade ($395) - There is a smaller version of this bag that I believe is called Essex Small Scout ($295).  I am looking for a crossbody bag that can be worn year-round, but I love this bag in Caribbean.  I think the brown is okay, and I don't really care for it in black (pictured)--the white stitching on black leather doesn't really do it for me.
3. Mini MAC Crossbody Clutch by Rebecca Minkoff (195)
4. Classics Clutch by Rebecca Minkoff ($295)
5. Lady Pouchette  by Marc by Marc Jacobs ($398)
6. Leather Flap Crossbody Bag by Franchi ($88)

Which do you like best?  I'll try to check some of these out in real life, and I'll be sure to keep you updated.  Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. The Marc by Marc Crossbody ages beautifully, holds up over time and breaks down like butter even more. Go with the Marc for sure.

    ReplyDelete