August 22, 2012

Made Easy: Wearing a Dress as a Skirt



I am rocking this dress as a skirt today.  I've done this before because I like all of my pieces, (but especially dresses which are harder to remix and restyle) to be versatile and worn in unexpected ways.  Unfortunately, I found that keeping my top tucked-in and in place the whole day was a little high maintenance; when it comes to my clothes, I definitely try to avoid anything that requires too much adjusting.

This time around, I used a little hack to properly secure my top from fellow blogger Elle of Fast Food & Fast Fashion. Her trick definitely worked like a charm - no adjustments necessary!

Shades: Maui Jim | shop
Jacket: Gap | shop
Top: Gap | similar
Belt: Guess | similar
Bottom: Dress worn as a skirt from JCrew
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff | shop
Shoes: Target | shop
Lips: Revlon | shop

pleated poppy

5 comments:

  1. Your outfit looks great!! I'd never have guessed that your skirt was really a dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally am now convinced I need to try this dress as a skirt thing... I'm still scared, but this is convincing...

    Clare
    Understated Classics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great trick for a fuss-free look. I'll have to try it out sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to stretch your wardrobe!

    Lindsey
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute.
    Love the whole thing.
    Ruthie
    www.roothless-xo.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete